- What do we collect and where?
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, financial account numbers, IP addresses, Live Chat Messages, Telephone conversations, product and service selections and orders or other things that identify you individually. Generally, we may collect information about you in multiple manners which include without limitation:
- You may provide your personal information to us via chat, email or other written or electronic
- We use automated technical means to collect information about all website visitors (for example, using cookies);
- Via third party providers;
- Website visit; and/or
- Through our services or software
You may visit our Websites or utilize our services in different ways including without limitation:
- By using your browser to navigate to our Websites including, but not limited to, kapalya.com and _______________.com and their sub-domains.
- By viewing an advertisement displayed on a third party website that is served content by our web server;
- By viewing an email that is served content by our or a third party web server
- By utilizing a software client of ours
- By utilizing a service or software of a 3rd party that accesses our service or software.
When you visit our Website, our server logs your IP address (unique network addresses), the time and duration of your visit, and the time and duration of the pages on our website you view. If you arrive at our website by clicking a paid advertisement (including a paid search engine result) or a link in an email, then we will capture information that tracks your visit from that link. If you arrive at our Website by clicking a non-paid source, such as link in a non-paid search engine result or an unsponsored link on another website, we may capture information that tracks your visit from that source, to the extent we are able to do so. We may also capture information about your computer system, such as your browser type and operating system.
We may place a cookie on your storage device during the web visit. A cookie is a unique alphanumeric identifier that we use to help us identify the number of unique visitors to our Website, whether or not those visitors are repeat visitors, and the source of the visits. To our knowledge cookies cannot be executed as code or used to deliver a virus. Similarly we understand that other servers cannot read them and personal information cannot be gathered from them. They are simply an identifier shared between you and us to allow us to improve the services we offer to you through our Website. If you do not wish cookies to be placed on your computer, then they can be disabled in your web browser. The option to do so is normally found in your browser’s “security settings” section. However, please note, permanently disabling cookies in your browser may hinder your use of our Website as well as other websites and interactive services.
We reserve the right to use a web beacon, also known as a web bug, which is a small graphic (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel), that is embedded in a web advertisement, email, or page on our web site. When you view a page on our web site, an email or an advertisement your web browser will request the web beacon from a web server, which in turn will set a cookie in your web browser containing a unique identifier. This unique identifier will be linked to log information that is used to track your movements on our web site in order to determine the effectiveness of content and advertising campaigns.
Links to non-Kapalya Websites
We will not intentionally collect or maintain, and do not want you to provide, any information regarding your medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and other sensitive information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
Our services are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13, and we will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
We may use your information to process your service requests, handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, provide access to secure areas of the Website, recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you, to personalize your visit to our Website, and to enable us to review develop and continually improve the products services and offers we provide online. We also use this information to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our Website and to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We use visitor information to send information about our company to visitors and to get in touch with them when necessary. We also use the information we collect to improve the content of our websites and as training aides for our employees. Visitors are given the choice at the point when we request their information.
Financial Information and payment card details
We may ask visitors to enter credit card or account information in order to process orders for services placed with Kapalya or its affiliates. Financial information provided via our website or via the Kapalya portal is transferred over a secure connection. We collect this information on a transaction by-transaction basis and will not authorize the release of the information with anyone not directly involved in processing the transaction. This information may be encrypted and stored for logging purposes in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
Credit card numbers are used only for processing payments and are not used for any other purposes. When we use third party service providers for credit card processing services we will enter into a written agreement with such third party ensuring appropriate security and confidentiality measures are in place in safeguarding your personal data.
We use web visit information to measure interest in and develop our web pages and marketing plans, customize the content you view on your web visits based on your activity on past visits, and administer our Website.
- We may use the visitors’ IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Websites.
- When electing to use them, we use web beacons to count the number of times that our advertisements and web-based email content are viewed. We combine web beacon information with cookies to track activity on our website originating from advertisements and web-based email content.
- We use information you provide to us via telephone calls, chat, email, web forms and other communications to correspond with you about services you may be interested in purchasing. If you elect to purchase a service online using a web form, we will use the information to establish your account. Information you submit in writing, such as chat, email, and web form information may be archived and may be tied to information that we collect about your web visits. Your telephone call may be recorded for training purposes and we may enter information you provide via telephone into our systems to use for the purposes described in this paragraph.
Personal information we gather is for internal use only and we will not authorize the release of this information to anyone outside Kapalya (except to third party service providers to Kapalya who perform functions on our behalf but in such event personal information will only be shared to the extent reasonably necessary to perform their functions.
Should you breach our terms and conditions or website terms, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, we may disclose your information to a relevant authority without notification to you. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. In particular, we may release the information we collect to third parties when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our legal rights, to protect the rights and safety of others, or to assist with industry efforts to control fraud, spam or other undesirable conduct.
Kapalya is committed to industry best practices approaches concerning security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information in our possession. We use various security measures to protect the information we collect, as appropriate to the type of information, including encryption, firewalls, and access controls. We store information you provide to us on a computer system located in a controlled facility with a limited access. Visitor textual information is encrypted during transmission, our company databases are accessible only by Kapalya employees, contractors and agents on a need to know basis and who have entered into and are bound by a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement with Kapalya.
Personal data we collect is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Kapalya takes reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
If you believe that any personal information we have about you is incorrect, or is, has been, or might be used inappropriately, please contact us immediately at info@Kapalya.com, and we will take steps to correct or delete the information, or restrict its use, as set forth above upon reasonable verification of identity.
Kapalya Acceptable Use Policy
Updated May 3, 2018
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the services offered by Kapalya and its affiliates (the “Services”) and the websites located at the domains (and sub-domains) located at Kapalya.com (collectively the “Kapalya Sites”). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive and apply to you and any other entities you or your affiliates enable to utilize the services (collectively “You”). This Policy may be modified at any time by posting a revised version on the Kapalya Sites. By utilizing the Services or accessing the Kapalya Sites, following such modification, You agree to abide and be bound by the then-current version of this Policy. Should You violate the Policy, or authorize or otherwise assist others to do so, we may, at our sole and unlimited discretion, immediately suspend or terminate part or all of Your use of the Services.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use or encourage, facilitate or otherwise enable others to use the Services or Kapalya Sites for any illegal, harmful, or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities. Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Activities that may be harmful to Kapalya’ users, operations, or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., phishing, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and/or pyramid schemes, or pharming), or engaging in other unfair or deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate or to facilitate the violation of the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks without permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Unauthorized monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs, disrupts, or otherwise improperly accesses the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations place on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
No E-Mail Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate unsolicited mass e-mailings, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (e.g., “spam emails”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the
sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another Internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Kapalya Sites. We may, in our sole and unlimited discretion:
- Investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Kapalya Sites; or remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with You for use of the Services or the Kapalya Sites;
- Report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If You become aware of any violation of this Policy, You will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please inform us via email at infor@Kapalya.com.